- Mini-Review: The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North
- Rereading Kage Baker’s Company Series at Tor.com!
- Soft Apocalypse by Will McIntosh — on sale for 99c on Kindle right now!
- What Are You Reading (When You’re Not Reading Science Fiction/Fantasy)?
- Guest post by Lesley Conner: From Slush Pile to Magazine to Anthology: The Making of Best of Apex Magazine: Volume 1
- RT @maxgladstone: Awesome article! twitter.com/tordotcom/stat… 1 month ago
- Trying to analyze and write about a complex time travel epic on Severe Insomnia Brain = not easy. Pls send help. 1 month ago
- RT @tordotcom: THE JUST CITY is the first book in a recently completed trilogy. eBook Club members can download for free here: https://t.co… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Del Rey
The Galaxy Game is Barbadian author Karen Lord’s third novel, following the critically acclaimed and award-winning Redemption in Indigo, and last year’s well-received The Best of All Possible Worlds. From the publisher: On the verge of adulthood, Rafi attends the … Continue reading
The winners for last week’s giveaway are… Effie S. of San Francisco, CA Danny W. of Edmonton, AB Nakia P. of Arlington, TX Congratulations to all three winners! Your copies of The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch are … Continue reading
I’m extremely grateful that my editors at Tor.com agreed to go with my slightly batty idea for this “review” of what’s probably one of the most anticipated fantasy releases of the last few years, and definitely a book where a … Continue reading
Note: this giveaway is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated! You may or may not be aware that a little book called The Republic of Thieves is finally out today. It’s the third book in the Gentleman Bastard series, … Continue reading
Karin Kross just posted an excellent piece on Tor.com about “dumb” action movies, nominally a review of Pacific Rim (which I haven’t seen) but with broader application to anything we tend to label as “dumb”: Respectfully, I would like to … Continue reading
The Best of All Possible Worlds is Karen Lord’s second published novel, after her 2010 award-winning debut Redemption in Indigo. I haven’t had the chance to read that first novel yet, but it’s definitely on my list after reading her … Continue reading
The winners of last week’s giveaway of Ben Aaronovitch’s Peter Grant novels (my review) are: First prize: copies of all three Peter Grant novels (Midnight Riot, Moon Over Soho, Whispers Under Ground) by Ben Aaronovitch: Elizabeth H. of Spring Hill, … Continue reading